Many future home-owners start with a vision about what their home should be, and often that wish list includes a highly-efficient new living space. People want homes that are well-insulated to keep heating costs down, environmentally friendly, and much more.
An ENERGY STAR® qualified new home is 20 percent more energy efficient, on average, than a home built to minimum National Building Code standards.
Some of the valuable features included in an energy efficient home are:
- Efficient heating and cooling systems that use less energy, reduce indoor humidity and improve the overall comfort of your home.
- High-performance ENERGY STAR windows, patio doors, and skylights keep the heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
- Walls and ceilings insulated beyond what is required by the building code.
- A variety of ENERGY STAR products which use less electricity by meeting strict technical specifications.
- A heat or energy recovery ventilation system (HRV or ERV) ensures your home has controlled ventilation.
Your new ENERGY STAR home will be awarded an ENERGY STAR label approved by the Government of Canada (affixed to your electrical panel) and also issued a government certificate.
We can also build you an R-2000 home. What’s the difference? Both ENERGY STAR and R-2000 new homes offer a number of energy saving features to provide maximum energy efficiency. R-2000 homes, in addition to the features listed above, provide even higher efficiency levels and include clean air and environmental features that make them some of the most energy-efficient homes on the market today.
Ask us today about which choice is right for you. We’d love the opportunity to discuss the potential energy savings for your home.